And don’t get us started on what your backyard might look like, especially if you haven’t gone back there in a while. Dog poop is not only gross, but it can be unnerving sometimes if you or even a guest goes in the backyard and is afraid to unexpectedly step in a pile of poop.
So how can you keep up with the demand of constantly picking up poop that your dog leaves in the front or back yard of your home?
There are many ways you can do it such as the traditional way of using a plastic bag. However, touching the poop yourself, even if there’s a protective plastic bag barrier between your hand and the poop, is not only sickening, but no one wants to have to feel that. What’s a better way to get this done without all the disgust or back-breaking effort? The short answer? Use a pooper scooper.
Revolutionized Pooper Scooper
Pooper scoopers have evolved along the years, starting from a simple handle to a full-blown arm extension. Now, you don’t even have to bend down to pick up the dog poop in the yard!
You no longer have to break your back every time you need to go into your yard to do this task that you dislike so much. By using a pooper scooper to get the dirty deed done, this job has become easier than ever.
Disposing of Dog Waste
Now that you’ve finished the deed, it’s time to dispose of all the dog poop that you picked up from your yard. There are many different ways to do this, and depending on which method you prefer, it’ll vary from person to person. Here are five ways that you can look into in order to dispose of the dog waste in your front or back yard:
- Plastic bag: When you think of picking up dog poop, you might think of the traditional approach of placing it inside a plastic bag, tying the bag up, and then tossing it in a garbage receptacle. However, even though this might be the easiest and most popular method, the plastic bag will sit in a landfill for years because the bag is slow to decompose. If you’d rather go for another method that is more eco-friendly, you can always try a different approach.
- Flushing down the toilet: If this is a method that your specific city allows, then this is probably one of the more efficient and eco-friendly ways to dispose of dog poop. This is a safe way to eliminate germs and keep waste from entering the landfill. Just make sure you don’t drop the poop anywhere in the house on your way to the bathroom!
- Burying the poop: This is another great way to eliminate dog poop. Once you pick it up with the pooper scooper, you can place it into a designated hole before burying it. If you don’t mind a little bit more of a labor intensive option, then this is a great choice for you. Just make sure to bury it somewhere away from vegetation that is intended for human consumption such as gardens or fruit trees.
- Methane digester: This is a method that many people haven’t even heard of before. Dog waste can be converted into methane gas which is used to power things such as a street lamp. Depending on your neighborhood, there may be a place where you can drop off your dog waste into a methane digester that can use the waste as fuel.
- Compost: Using dog poop as compost is not quite as common as the other methods already mentioned, but it is a way nonetheless. However, as a disclaimer, never use dog waste as a compost for vegetation intended for human consumption. Instead, you would have to purchase a dog-specific compost bin that acts as a canine septic tank to safely and efficiently break down the waste. This is a great way to eliminate germs and pollutants. However, it does take a little money and effort to set up, so if ease is what you’re looking for, then you might want to try one of the other methods of disposing the dog poop in your yard.
Picking up Dog Waste the Easy Way
Although cleaning dog poop from your front and back yards isn’t always the most fun thing to spend your time doing, it helps to know that there are easier ways out there than just the traditional method of using a doggie bag and picking it up yourself.
Instead, use a pooper scooper to clean up the dog waste in your yard easier and much more efficiently.
Now you no longer have to break your back every time you pick up dog poop. Use a pooper scooper to save you both time and physical effort!